$210.00 – $1,400.00
What is Tofranil (imipramine)?
Buy tofranil online (imipramine). It is a tricyclic antidepressant medication that is used to treat depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions. Like other tricyclic antidepressants, Tofranil works by increasing the levels of the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain which helps regulate mood.
It’s also used to treat enuresis (bedwetting) in children. Common side effects of Tofranil include dry mouth, constipation, drowsiness, blurred vision, and weight gain. It may also cause sexual dysfunction, and should not be taken in combination with certain medications, such as MAO inhibitors. It can take several weeks for the full effects of the medication to be felt. It’s important to consult a doctor before taking Tofranil or any other medication, and it should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
It’s worth noting that Tofranil is an older medication, it has been replaced by newer antidepressants that have fewer side effects and lower risk of overdose.
It important before you buy tofranil online to know it is available in several forms, including tablets, capsules, and liquid. The dosage of tofranil may vary depending on the individual, but the typical starting dosage for adults is 75 mg per day, which may be increased by the healthcare provider up to a maximum of 300 mg per day.
How it works: Tofranil belongs to a class of medications known as tricyclic antidepressants. It works by increasing the levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, such as norepinephrine and serotonin, which can help to improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety. Tofranil blocks the reuptake of these neurotransmitters, which means it blocks the process by which the nerve cells in the brain take up and recycle these neurotransmitters once they have been released. This results in an increase of these neurotransmitters in the brain and enhances the activity of these neurotransmitters in the brain.
How to use.
- Tofranil should be taken exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- The usual starting dose is 75 mg per day, which may be increased by your healthcare provider up to a maximum of 300 mg per day.
- Tofranil should be taken at the same time each day.
- It is important to continue taking Tofranil as prescribed, even if you feel better, as it may take several weeks for the full effects to be seen.
- Do not stop taking Tofranil suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Your healthcare provider will gradually reduce your dosage to prevent withdrawal.
- Common side effects of Tofranil include dry mouth, drowsiness, constipation, blurred vision, and changes in appetite or weight.
- More serious side effects can include changes in heart rhythm, high blood pressure, and changes in mood or behavior, such as agitation, anxiety, or suicidal thoughts.
- If you experience any of these side effects, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Warnings and precautions
- Tofranil should be used with caution in patients with a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, or glaucoma.
- Tofranil may cause drowsiness, so it is important to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how the medication affects you.
- Tofranil may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, antihistamines, and certain antidepressants. It is important to inform your healthcare provider of all medications and supplements you are currently taking before starting Tofranil.
- Tofranil should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
Tofranil drug interactions
Tofranil (imipramine) can interact with other medications, potentially increasing the risk of side effects or making the medication less effective. It is important to inform your healthcare provider of all medications and supplements you are currently taking before starting Tofranil.
Some medications that may interact with Tofranil include:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs): Tofranil should not be taken with MAOIs or within 14 days of stopping an MAOI.
- Blood thinners: Tofranil may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with blood thinners such as warfarin.
- Antiarrhythmics: Tofranil may increase the risk of heart rhythm problems when taken with antiarrhythmics such as quinidine.
- Antihistamines: Tofranil may increase the risk of drowsiness when taken with antihistamines such as diphenhydramine.
- Other antidepressants: Tofranil may interact with other antidepressants, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), potentially increasing the risk of side effects.
- Cimetidine: Tofranil may increase the risk of side effects when taken with cimetidine.
- Cimetidine : Tofranil may increase the risk of side effects when taken with cimetidine.
It is also important to note that Tofranil may interact with other medications not listed here, and that interactions can vary depending on the individual and the dosage of the medication.
It is important to inform your healthcare provider of all medications and supplements you are currently taking before starting Tofranil. They can help to monitor for any potential interactions and adjust the dosage of Tofranil or other medications as needed.
Tofranil (imipramine) vs Anafranil (clomipramine).
Tofranil (imipramine) and Anafranil (clomipramine) are both antidepressants, but they belong to different classes of drugs and are used to treat different conditions.
Tofranil is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) that works by blocking the reuptake of both serotonin and norepinephrine. It is primarily used to treat depression, but can also be used to treat bed-wetting and chronic pain.
Anafranil is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) that is classified as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (NRI) . It is primarily used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, and phobias.
Both medications can have side effects, the most common being drowsiness, dry mouth, and constipation. Tofranil is less likely to cause drowsiness while Anafranil can cause more sedation effect. Anafranil is also more likely to cause sexual dysfunction.
Anafranil is also more likely to cause seizures and have other serious side effects such as heart problems while Tofranil have less serious side effects.
Ultimately, the choice of medication should be made by a healthcare professional after taking into account the individual’s specific symptoms, medical history, and other factors.
An overdose of Tofranil (imipramine) can be dangerous and potentially life-threatening. If you suspect an overdose, it is important to seek immediate medical attention.
Symptoms of Tofranil overdose can include:
- Slow or irregular heartbeat,
- High or low blood pressure,
- and in extreme cases, death.
If you suspect an overdose, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. If possible, bring the medication bottle or packaging with you to the emergency room so that healthcare professionals are aware of the medication and dosage taken.
Treatment for an overdose may involve supportive care, such as providing oxygen and fluids, as well as specific treatment for symptoms. In some cases, a medication called an “antidote” may be administered to counteract the effects of the overdose.
It is important to keep Tofranil and all medications out of reach of children, and to dispose of any unused medication properly. To prevent overdose, always follow the instructions of your healthcare provider and read the patient information leaflet provided with the medication before taking it.
Withdrawal from Tofranil (imipramine) should be done gradually to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Your healthcare provider will gradually reduce your dosage over time to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
Withdrawal symptoms of Tofranil can include:
- and even flu-like symptoms
It is important to not stop taking Tofranil suddenly without first consulting with your healthcare provider. Withdrawal symptoms can be severe and may require medical attention.
If you experience withdrawal symptoms, it is important to contact your healthcare provider immediately. They may suggest alternative treatment or adjust the dosage of Tofranil to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
It is always recommended to follow the instruction of the healthcare provider and read the patient information leaflet provided with the medication before taking it. It is not recommended to provide complete contents for medication online as it can be dangerous to take medication without consulting with a healthcare professional. It is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any medication.
10 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg
30 tablets, 60 tablets, 90 tablets, 120 tablets, 150 tablets